Negotiating Modifications And Enforcing Orders

As life changes, so, too, your family's needs and constraints may also shift. Family court orders such as child custody and child support are not necessarily permanent. Florida law recognizes that these orders may need to be updated or modified to fit family's changing circumstances.

Modifications generally require either an agreement with the opposing party or permission from the court. Negotiating a modification can be a challenge on its own. And if an agreement is not possible, you may face extensive litigation and court hearings.

Get The Experience And Guidance You Need

Whether you are pursuing a modification or opposing one, professional legal guidance can help you make the right decision on how to proceed. Attorney Amanda Salcido can walk you through your options to get a modification or prevent a proposed modification. Our law office is in Lakeland, and we serve clients throughout central Florida, including Tampa and Plant City.

Ms. Salcido is familiar with the legal standards that come into play when a parent is seeking to change an existing order. As both a skilled litigator and negotiator, she can help you develop a strong course of action that makes sense for your situation.

Child Custody And Child Support Modifications

Changes in circumstances can make your current custody or timesharing arrangement unworkable. Perhaps a change of job or work schedule necessitates rethinking the existing arrangement. Substance abuse, neglect or domestic violence are also compelling reasons to modify custody. Or perhaps you are seeking to relocate. Moving out of state with a child generally requires prior court permission.

Similarly, changes in income or in your children's financial needs may warrant child support adjustments. Attorney Amanda Salcido is experienced in handling all types of modification proceedings for both child support and child custody orders.

Enforcement Of Child Custody Or Support

Court orders accomplish nothing if the other party fails to comply with them. Fortunately, you can pursue enforcement proceedings to protect your interests and those of your children. To enforce a child support or custody order, you will likely have to pursue a contempt of court petition, which requires the right filings, detailed notices and supporting evidence. In addition to enforcing compliance, you may also be able to collect back-owed child support payments. Lawyer Amanda Salcido can help you through the process.

If you are facing allegations of contempt of court, it is important to take those allegations seriously. The potential penalties could range from significant fines to jail time for refusal to comply. Attorney Salcido can help you mount a strong defense.

Request A Consultation

Call 863-266-4122 or contact the Law Office of Amanda Salcido online to arrange a consultation with Ms. Salcido.