Establishing A Strong Case For Your Relocation Case

While Florida courts do allow modifications to custody arrangements for a variety of reasons, judges tread cautiously when they review petitions to relocate with children when both parents have parenting time rights under a court order.

Whether you are seeking to relocate with children or you are opposing an ex's request to relocate, you need a strong advocate to support your goal. With attorney Amanda Salcido's guidance, you can develop a strong argument for your case and follow the appropriate procedures to secure a favorable outcome. Our law office is in Lakeland, and we serve parents throughout central Florida, including Tampa and Plant City.

Leveraging Courtroom Experience To Support Your Petition

Custodial parents who wish to move more than 50 miles away from their current home will need their ex's permission or approval from a judge. If you and your ex cannot agree on a resolution, attorney Amanda Salcido will draw on her courtroom experience with custody disputes to represent your interests.

The judge will be concerned with the best interests of the children in approving or denying the request to relocate. As a result, she will focus on evidence and testimony of how the relocation will affect:

  • The emotional, mental and social impact on your children
  • The economic and educational benefits connected with this move
  • The steps taken to minimize the effect of the move on the non-relocating parent

If you are considering a relocation and have not received written permission from the other parent, it is vital to receive a court order. Violating Florida's relocation statutes may result in losing your timesharing privileges or having them severely curtailed.

Considering A Relocation? Contact The Firm Before You Act.

The Law Office of Amanda Salcido offers detailed case assessments for custodial parents contemplating relocation. Arrange a meeting by completing our online form or by calling 863-266-4122.